Tyr’s Warriors Membership Terms and Conditions
Membership of Queensland Medieval Combat (Tyr’s Warriors Branch) Inc. (“Tyr’s Warriors”) denotes a relationship between a private person (“you” or “your”) and Tyr’s Warriors. Membership entitles you to the benefits pursuant to the class of membership. Membership is conditional upon payment
of membership fees pursuant to the class. Four classes are available:
- “Free Trial”, A free trial entitles you to attend all training sessions for one (1) week.
- “Basic Training”, $7.50 per week, entitles you to attend one (1) training session in that calendar week, and access to Tyr’s Warriors events (subject to conditions of the event and event rules and regulations).
- “Warrior Training”, $10 per week, entitles you to attend all training sessions during a calendar week, and access to Tyr’s Warriors events (subject to conditions of the event and event rules and regulations).
- “Top Tyr”, for an annual payment of $450, entitles you to attend all training sessions during a calendar year, and access to Tyr’s Warriors events (subject to frequency and conditions of the events and event’s rules and regulations). Additionally, the member is provided with a free club t-shirt
Cancellation of Membership and Refunds of Membership Fees
1. A member can request their membership be voided at any time.
2. Payment for membership is absolutely non-refundable.
3. Tyr’s Warriors reserves the right to waive the limitation on refunds on a case-by-case basis.
General Terms and Conditions
Membership is dependent on, and entails, the following:
1. Tyr’s Warriors reserves the right to cancel a membership if you fail to abide by the terms or conditions set out herein.
2. Persons under the age of 18 may apply for membership but must have their parent’s/guardian’s consent. In the case of a person under the age of 18, reference to “you”
or “your” within this form is taken to refer to the parent or guardian on behalf of the child.
4. You agree to any prescribed Rules, Regulations, or Code of Conduct issued by Tyr’s Warriors
before or during your membership
5. Access to Tyr’s Warriors events does not void your personal responsibility to comply with local laws regarding prohibited weapons legislation and Tyr’s Warriors is not responsible or liable for your violations of weapons laws.
6. You are not a “Prohibited Person” under relevant weapons law, as defined by Commonwealth Legislation, in any state or territory of Australia.
Membership with the Australian Medieval Combat Federation
Queensland Medieval Combat (Tyr’s Warriors Branch) Inc. ABN: 40423123814 is affiliated with the Australian Medieval Combat Federation ABN: 81878455854 (“AMCF”). Membership of Tyr’s Warriors is conditional on the applicant’s being a member of, or in the process of applying for membership of, the AMCF. Tyr’s Warriors reserves the right to refuse or cancel membership if you fail to hold an active good standing membership and registration with the AMCF
Waiver and Assumption of Risk
You acknowledge that the sport of Historical Medieval Battle and activities of Tyr’s Warriors has inherent risks, including serious physical injury or even (as unlikely as it might be) death. You acknowledge and accept this risk, and:
1. Unconditionally release Queensland Medieval Combat (Tyr’s Warriors Branch) Inc. (“Tyr’s Warriors”) and its executives, officers, employees, and volunteers (for example, marshals and squires) from any and all liability for personal injury you suffer arising from your direct or indirect participation in Tyr’s Warriors events and training.
2. Assume any and all loss or damage to your personal property arising from your direct or indirect participation in Tyr’s Warriors events and training.
3. Consent to your personal image and information (including but not being limited to your name, weight, and age) being used and distributed by Tyr’s Warriors and its partners (including but not limited to contracted or volunteer photographers) as part of Tyr’s Warriors events and promotional material.
4. Understand that you will not be paid or receive renumeration for your participation or information in connection to Tyr’s Warriors events or training unless explicitly contracted for.
5. You agree to not assert a claim for damages arising from your direct or indirect participation in Tyr’s Warriors events and training.
You have read and understood the terms set forth in this form, and you hereby waive your rights freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance, or guarantee being made to you to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Implicit Agreement to Terms
Membership of Tyr’s Warriors is conditional upon agreement with the terms of this form. By applying for membership, renewing membership, or continuing to hold membership, you agree to be bound by it.
Members Code of Conduct
The applicant understands and agrees to:
1. Participate in matches in accordance with the rules and regulations of Tyrs Warriors;
2. Respect the spirit of the laws of Tyrs Warriors and fair play, and behave accordingly;
3. Display and foster respect for marshals, opponents, coaches, administrators, other officials, parents and spectators;
4. Never argue with or dispute a decision of a Marshall. If a competitor disagrees with a decision, they should deal with their dispute in accordance with the relevant rules, regulations, policies and determinations of the Tyrs Warriors;
5. Control their emotions and not engage in verbal abuse of Marshalls, sledging of other players or display behaviour that deliberately distracts or provokes an opponent;
6. Never engage in any type of violence either on or off the field unless within the confine of the Tyrs Warriors rules and regulations;
7. Contribute to a safe sporting environment and respectful culture which is accepting of individual differences, and behave accordingly;
8. Co-operate with their captains, support and team-mates;
9. Participate for their own enjoyment and benefit and for the enjoyment and benefit of their teammates;
10. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of the gender, ability, sexual orientation, cultural background or religion;
11. Not behave in any way that may bring the Competitor, the Team, the State, the League or Tyrs Warriors into disrepute;
12. Not engage in conduct that is (in the Tyrs Warriors reasonable opinion), unethical, unbecoming or likely to cause harm to the reputation of the Competitor, the Team, the State, the League or the Tyrs Warriors;
13. Not take part in any form of bullying including via the use of social media;
14. Use appropriately the facilities and equipment made available for training, matches and events, including facilities provided by the opposing teams or host of the event;
15. Be responsible for their actions.
AMCF Guidelines for Safe Handling of Weapons.
To better align the AMCF with State Government’s Control of Weapons Acts, the AMCF will enforce the below guidelines for the safe storage, transportation and handling of swords and weapons specifically for use in BUHURT INTERNATIONAL and IMCF.
1. Swords and Weapons must only be used for training, competing or displaying the sport of BUHURT. Using a weapon for any other purpose may require additional exemptions specific to that purpose.
2. Swords and Weapons must be stored safely and securely so that they are not readily available of accessible for possession, carriage or use by non-exempt person(s).
3. When transporting Swords and Weapons between their place of storage and place of intended use, Swords and Weapons must be stored in a manner calculated to ensure that they are not readily accessible to a non-exempt person and that they are concealed from plain sight.
4. A person using the AMCF’s exemption is required, when requested, to allow any member of law enforcement to inspect his or her storage of Swords and Weapons at any reasonable pre-arranged time.
5. A member of the AMCF must keep a record of how many Swords and Weapons they have in their possession.
6. If a Sword or Weapon is sold the seller must keep a record of sale for a period of up to 3 years.
7. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to purchase weapons, however, under certain State Weapons Act’s they are permitted to use them.
For further information on the Control of Weapons can be found at the following links;